We all are guilty of wanting to hear some juicy gossip or negative news about someone and this social norm is here to stay. Yes people are getting paid from it because the demand is great. Please don’t front and say that you are not like that because unless you live in a box, you get and want to hear a little gossip too.
This message is NOT about the gossip we hear but more about what one do with that gossip and its dangerous nature.
• People are killed from gossip.
• People commit suicide from gossip.
• Families are torn apart from gossip.
• Children lives are destroyed from gossip.
• Careers are destroyed from gossip.
• Gossip is a relationship killer!!!
Knowing this why are you so burning to pick up the phone and call someone to say something negative about someone else or about their relationship? Is it because they are your family, boy, girlfriend and you don’t want them played? NONSENSE, you are just unhappy with YOUR current life and want others where you are deep down.
Therefore, this is what I discovered about people who are always telling what they see, gossiping and butting in other lives.
• They live an empty life with serious financial and relationship struggles.
• They are serial whiners complaining about everything and everyone.
• They brag about their lives and their information but it is mostly embellished.
• Most of them have health issues.
• They usually pick up weight and it mainly goes to their stomach or waist area.
• Take a look at the vehicle they drive, it is usually not in the best shape or looks
• beat up.
• When they dress up, their look appears dull even if they have on bright colors or
• new clothes.
• They are NEVER in a position of authority but if they are, it’s a low level job and
• they are not trusted or liked by anyone around them but the managers who
• they tell too.
Now, stop and think about those who gossip and tell things around you, take a look at their lives, and see if you can detect the same thing. Do you trust them? Are they experiencing the same ills I’ve just described?
Gossipers kill relationships around them. It could be your mother, sister, brother, aunts, uncles or friends. For me as a coach, all of the relationships that were destroyed happened due to gossip and tell-a-tellers. Even though wrong was done, it was a friend or family who picked up the phone to tell. It has torn up families.
Are you guilty of this? Want to improve the quality of YOUR life? Stop gossiping! It’s killing you too.
One more thing; if you pick up the phone to tell a friend or family member about what someone they love is doing, YOUR relationship with them will NEVER be the same!!! You are not helping yourself, or the person you are telling it too because Gossip KILLS ALL RELATIONSHIPS!